DID YOU KNOW?
Melville Glades history archive is now available online courtesy of Collections WA. Simply click the link, select the Organisation tab, choose Melville Glades, and you’re away!
What is the archive?
Over the past three years we have been registering the club’s history using the MOSAiC software. MOSAiC is not simply an item registration table. It is a relational database that enables records to be related to other records. This structure is replicated on Collections WA. For example, we have registered all annual golf events – all those honour boards and trophies you see around the club walls and cabinets. If you look at an event (e.g. MGGC Open) it will have links to the relevant trophy and/or honour board. Selecting an individual winner of the event will show that person’s details and links to their achievements in other events. Some of these features cannot currently be directly searched for on Collections WA. To get you started, here are some examples.
- Newsletters, 200+ of them dating back to 1966.
- Golf Events, as mentioned above
- View the list of members who have had holes in one.
- Listen to interviews with foundation members like George Drimatis
- See the list of winning pennant teams and associated photographs.
- Read about golf course development throughout MGGC’s 55-year history.
- Read the Silver Anniversary Booklet and Golden Anniversary Publication
- See fixture books and scorecards back to 1969.
- Watch videos of the club like John Daly’s Coke Can Drive
- Learn about our club formation during the years 1966-1969
- You might also like to manually search using the list of Topics
… and much more. The content is being continuously updated.
Melville Glades is a natural Australian bushland course that is maintained to the highest levels, providing golfers with a quality experience. Our manicured fairways are Couch, the excellent greens consist of G2 Bent and our tees are Santa Anna. These specific grasses provide the best playing surfaces for our climate and conditions. Our Members play more rounds of golf than any other private 18-hole golf course in Western Australia supporting our claim to be the best members golf club in the state, once again reinforced by our induction into the Clubs WA Hall of Fame for winning the Best Golf Club from 2009 to 2011.
The course has been in place since 1969 when first designed by Al Howard, a highly respected Sydney Course Designer. Design changes over time have been made by Graham Marsh, Ross Watson and Phil Jacobs.
Street address: Beasley Road, Leeming WA 6149 Postal address: P.O. Box 115, Willetton WA 6955 Phone number: (08) 9332 7333 Facsimile: (08) 9332 7989 Pro Shop direct: (08) 9332 7497 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch