Members and guests are advised to care for the course to ensure it remains in optimal condition.
A copy of Melville Glades Local Rules can be found here.
Temporary Local Rules
Members will notice some more stakes and ropes on course in a bid to help direct traffic and spread wear on course. Please note that these stakes and ropes should be treated as movable obstructions for which relief may be taken using rule 15.2.
Temporary Local Rules:
Due to Course Irrigation work players are entitled to the following relief:
Golfers are entitled to take free drop relief if your ball lies in/on, or your stance is impeded by, any trenches, turf cutting, or any debris associated with the Irrigation replacement program OR areas that have clearly been top dressed to promote growth as per rule 16.1.
- Always enter the bunker at the lowest point and not down the bunker face.
- Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker. Push back excess sand to the base of the bunker.
- Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints, and then place the rake back on its mark.
The carrying of sand buckets is compulsory at Melville Glades Golf Club. Divot repairing is done by;
- Removing any loose turf from the affected area.
- Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe.
- Fill divot with sand, press down with foot and smooth off by brushing sole of foot across area.
- Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the repairer.
- Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
- Lightly tap down with putter.
Damage to Greens
Players should ensure that no damage is done to the putting green when putting down bags or flagsticks, and that neither they, nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced (if removed) in the hole before the players leave the putting green. To handle the flag;
- Remove the pin from the cup with a gentle twisting motion to prevent flagstick from jamming in the cup (don’t drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage).
- Always lower the flagstick by club or hand.
- Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
The use of mobile telephones is prohibited on the course, unless they are being used for scoring or emergency purposes.
All Clubhouse staff are trained in Responsible Service of Alcohol. They are obligated under State Legislation to observe these principals, and will refuse to serve liquor to intoxicated patrons, and request drunk and disorderly patrons to leave the premises.
Alcohol is not permitted to be brought in for consumption on the course.
Melville Glades Golf Club is smoke free with the exception of outside in designated areas.
Pace of Play
Melville Glades Golf Club encourages its members and guests to play ready golf and maintain their position just behind the group in front. Should a gap open up between you and the group in front every effort should be made to catch this gap up as soon as possible so as not to effect the rest of the field.
Street address: Beasley Road, Leeming WA 6149 Postal address: P.O. Box 115, Willetton WA 6955 Phone number: (08) 9332 7333 Facsimile: (08) 9332 7989 Pro Shop direct: (08) 9332 7497 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch